Do your Customers use Internet Search to find Products and Services?

For most people today the first place to look for products is the Web, and 50% of all searches are done on Google. As a local business you have an advantage and can be on the Top of the First Page
  • Google is the new yellow pages when it comes to searching for local businesses.
  • Google reports that millions of people conduct Google Maps searches everyday and they are looking for businesses just like yours!
  • Business listings in the top ten search results get most of the business!
  • Google Maps gives businesses tremendous opportunities to promote their business with photos and video, and so far it is still free! It's like getting a full page ad in a phone book and/or a free TV commercial.

Sunday, June 7, 2009

1st Help info for New Blogger

Dave’s cheat sheet for blogging

OK, I have set up your blog, quickly gone over the work I have done and your head is spinning.

I have put together this email so that you can have the key documentation that you will need to Post on your blog site. I have linked the info in the Google Blogger Help that I think that you will need.

I have listed it in the priority that you should use. Start with just making text posts, then progress to putting in links and pictures. If you create posts I can access them and edit/ put in links and posts.

Please give me feedback if this is helpful in your efforts to be self sufficient in posting.

Step 1 - Posting Help – You should do this first and get good at it.

What is a URL?

What is a post?

How do I post to my blog?

How do I edit what I've written?

How do I delete a post?

How do I label my posts?

How do I make a link to another webpage?

How do I post pictures?

How do I delete a photo I have uploaded to my blog?

How do I edit my profile?

This is a nice overview. But has more info that what I selected above

Getting Started Guide

Step 2 – Video from YouTube or your own – This is more advanced, but you are capable

How do I post a video to my blog from YouTube?

How do I post audio/music to my blog?

Step 3 – Changing the look of the Blog – This is advanced. Do it with caution.

Layout Guide

Troubleshooting…

Troubleshooting picture upload problems

No comments: